Faith-Based Working Group
The Faith-Based Working Group consists of chaplains, rabbis, clergy and pastors who seek to learn, educate and share best practices for working with veterans and military families in their respective communities. This working group differs from the others because it is not centered around a specific need, but encompasses communities already working with veterans. Many of the faith-based members work together in other working groups.
- Ecumenical Military Training: Developed a 12-week ecumenical military ministry training course to be implemented at the USC Center for Religion and Civic Culture.
- Media Kit: Developing a media toolkit detailing how service providers and civilians can get involved with faith-based organizations and the importance in the work they do.
- Interfaith Prayer Breakfast: Planning to host an interfaith prayer breakfast on Memorial Day with key players as a networking event to boost working group participation and engagement.
A goal sheet is a record of each working group’s various goals and ongoing projects.
Faith-Based’s overall goals are to:
- Increase the number of faith clergies trained to work with the veteran population
- Strengthen support network by sharing best practices
- Provide online faith resources for veterans and service providers
- Update and expand current curriculum
- Develop a policy brief