State of the American Veteran in California
California Science Center | Los Angeles, CA
The State of the American Veteran in California Conference will bring together leaders and practitioners in government, business, philanthropy and nonprofit, researchers, and veterans who share a common goal–to develop the capacity of our communities to care for those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
This first-ever gathering hosted by the University of Southern California School of Social Work Center for Innovation and Research on Veterans & Military Families (CIR) is designed to explore and design actions to address the most pressing issues facing veterans today.
The State of the American Veteran in California is not your typical ‘listen and learn’ conference. We have invited leaders from all sectors–public, private and nonprofit–to engage in strategic conversations leading toward action because the challenges our veterans face cannot be addressed by a single agency or single intervention alone.
- Learn about the State of the American Veteran in California–cutting-edge research conducted by CIR encompassing surveys of more than 3,000 veterans in counties across the state
- Explore key opportunities for sustainable, systemic change at the local, state, and federal levels to advance veteran well-being through public policy
- Dialogue about community-based innovations improving the veteran community and how to create conditions and opportunities that learn from and replicate success
- Examine how principles of collective impact have built strong intra-community relationships and created successful collaborations across disparate agencies
- Return to their organizations with practical, actionable strategies drawn from the experiences of other leaders and organizations serving veterans
Learn More About the Conference Tracks
|Visit conference website to register at savc2016.eventbrite.com
|This conference is for known leaders in the veteran sphere. If you would like to participate, please submit