On Monday, Nov. 16, the USC Center for Innovation and Research on Veterans & Military Families held a discussion with Edward Tick, PhD, executive director and co-founder of Soldier’s Heart, which seeks to restore the emotional, moral and spiritual wounds of service members that result from military service. Tick is the author of several books, including the award-winning War and the Soul” Healing Our Nation’s Veterans from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and the recently released Warrior’s Return: Restoring the Soul after War that presents a case for change in the way we welcome back veterans. Tick is an internationally recognized educator and expert on veterans, posttraumatic stress disorder and psychology of military-related issues.
- USC artificial intelligence center seeks to reduce military suicides
- CIR director discusses value of military social work
- Prudential – USO discuss importance of financial readiness for transition
- USC summit spotlights key area for veteran success: financial readiness
- From Our Director: This Thanksgiving, remember those still serving